The principal role of GOFC/GOLD is to act as a coordinating mechanism for national and regional activities. To achieve its goals GOFC/GOLD has developed a number of regional networks of data providers, data brokers and data users. These networks of resource managers and scientists provide the key to sustained capability for improving the observing systems and ensuring that the data are being used effectively.
GOFC/GOLD regional networks are strengthened through a series of regional workshops. These regional network workshops engage the user community to address regional concerns and issues, provide a strong voice for regional needs and foster lateral transfer of technology and methods within and between regions. Click on the "Meetings" menu item for information on past and upcoming meetings and workshops.
Currently active GOFC-GOLD regional netwroks.1. Southeast Asia Regional Research and Information Network (SEARRIN)
2. South Asia GOFC Network (SAGN)
3. South Central European Regional Information Network (SCERIN)
4. Red Latinoamericana deTeledeteccion e Incendios Forestales (RedLaTIF)
5. West African Regional Network (WARN).
6. Observatoire Satellital des Forets d’Afrique Central (OSFAC)
7. Miombo Network (MIOMBO)
8. Southern Africa Fire Network (SAFNET)
9. Caucasus Regional Information Network (CaucRIN)
10. Mekong Regional Information Network (MekRIN)
11. Mediterranean Regional Network (MedRIN)
12. Central Asia Regional Information Network